● Financial controllers play an important role of preparing and disclosing accurate and appropriate financial statements for all stakeholders including shareholders, lenders, rating agencies and board members.
● As the role is closely linked to Nomura Group’s corporate value, the job responsibilities are viewed as having significant importance for the running of the business.
● To achieve the required tasks, Financial controllers are expected to learn and use professional knowledge as well as to co-work with other controllers not only in Japan but also with those in overseas subsidiaries.
● Strong communication skills and execution capabilities are required to liaise and agree with other departments and external auditors and to explain financial results to senior management.
● More than 3 years of experience in financial accounting (mandatory requirement)
● Strong communication skills and logical thinking (mandatory requirement)
● Proficient in Excel/Word skills (mandatory requirement)
● Basic English skills in reading and writing. Willing to pro-actively communicate in English (mandatory requirement)
● CPA (preferable)
● Experience in the preparation and presentation of consolidated financial statements (preferable)
● Experience in global project tasks (preferable)
● Effective presentation skills (preferable)