● Financial controllers play an important role of preparing and disclosing accurate and appropriate financial statements for all stakeholders including shareholders, lenders, rating agencies and board members. As the role is closely linked to Nomura Group’s corporate value, the job responsibilities are viewed as having significant importance for the running of the business.
● Financial controllers perform a wide range of duties including the rules and systems of NSC financial accounting, preparation and publishing the financial statements for both JGAAP and USGAAP.
● Strong communication skills and execution capabilities are required to liaise and agree with other departments and external auditors.
● Various opportunities to further develop English not only internally but also by working together with overseas subsidiaries.
● Interest to work in the Financial Control Department in the financial industry and has high degree of “can-do” attitude with strong discipline (mandatory requirement)
● Strong communication skills and logical thinking (mandatory requirement)
● Proficient in Excel/Word skills (mandatory requirement)
● Native Japanese speaker
● Basic English skills in reading and writing. Willing to pro-actively communicate in English (mandatory requirement)
● High degree of understanding of Accounting and Financial Industry. Qualifications in CPA, CFA, CMA would be a plus.
● Effective presentation skills would be a plus.